Raw food: 7 pros and cons
While researching raw food for Sebastian, I came across these 7 points, would love your insight into this topic...what do you feed your pooch?
Pros of feeding the raw dog food
1. There have been reports that suggest that feeding raw dog helps in making the dog coats more shinier.
2. The dogs eating raw dog food tend to develop stronger bones and muscles.
3. As these meals can be made at home, it is easy to keep track of what your dog is eating.
4. Along with homemade raw dog foods, there are options of frozen raw dog foods also available in the market easily.
5. The raw food diet helps in getting the smaller and firm stool.
6. Feeding dogs with this kind of meals are helpful in managing their weight and keeping their weight under check.
7. Some reports suggest that feeding raw dog food helps in curing and fighting cancer and other such diseases.
Cons of feeding the raw dog food
1. The raw dog food contains larger fragments of bones which might be difficult for dogs to eat.
2.There are also cases where eating dog food has lead to gastrointestinal inflammation and infections.
3. It is very time-consuming to prepare the meals at home. Also, it is comparatively more expensive than feeding them the dog food available in the market.
4. There are bacteria and parasites in raw bones and meat that leads to infection in dogs.
5 Dogs can also suffer from diarrhoea and bowel constructions because of eating raw dog food.
6. Such raw dog food can be nutrient deficient for dogs that can trigger health problems in them.
7. Many experts suggest that raw dog food should not be given to dogs suffering from cancer or other such diseases as they are more susceptible to bacteria.